Brian Kritchman, M.D.
Dr. Brian Kritchman left the East Coast after finishing his residency in ophthalmology and fellowship in diseases of the retina at the prestigious New York University School of Medicine and came to Kentucky in 1988. He has been practicing at the Taustine Eye Center ever since. His main focus is the diagnosis and treatment of diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration. He was one of the first Retinal Specialists in Kentucky to use PDT therapy to treat wet macular degeneration.
Dr. Brian Kritchman is listed in “Best Doctor’s in America”. He is also an Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Louisville and is past head of their Hereditary Retinal Disease clinic where he dedicated his free time to teaching the residents. In the past, he has lectured to fellow ophthalmologists at the annual meeting of the Kentucky Medical Association on Retinal Diseases. In the office, Dr. Kritchman dedicates himself to taking care of his patients and also educating them and their families so they know as much about the disease as possible. He has been involved with the Louisville Chapter of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) since 1989 and has received numerous awards from them for his commitment of time and effort to raise money and awareness for Diabetes. He has been Honorary Chairman for the annual “Stand Up for Diabetes” black tie gala where the ADA honors all volunteers in the Louisville area and raises money for Diabetes Research.
Dr. Kritchman's Curriculum Vitae
- University of South Florida, B.A.
- C.W. Post College, MS
- U of Newcastle Medical School
Post Doctoral Training
- Residency and Fellowship, New York University Medical Center
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Academic & Administrative Appointments
- Associate Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology
- University of Louisville School of Medicine
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Kentucky Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Kentucky Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Jefferson County Medical Society
- American Society of Retinal Specialists