James Hurt, O.D.
Dr. James Hurt has been practicing at the Taustine Eye Center since 1985. He is a native of New Albany, IN. He attended Anderson University for his undergraduate studies and graduated in 1984 from the School of Optometry at Indiana University. During his final year of study, he completed externships at the Ireland Army Hospital in Ft. Knox and the London Refraction Hospital in London, England.
In 2011, when Board Certification was established in optometry, Dr. Hurt was in the 1% of optometrists to be initially certified by the American Board of Optometry. This level of certification is obtained by attending a greater number of hours of continuing education courses, passing rigorous written exams, and committing to lifelong learning.
Dr. Hurt is available for comprehensive eye examinations. Working extensively with the cataract and refractive surgery patients, Dr. Hurt takes pride in obtaining the very best vision for each individual. He also performs contact lens fittings using the latest technologically advanced materials. He fits a wide variety of lenses including soft, rigid gas permeable, astigmatic, keratoconic, and bifocal lenses.
Dr. Hurt is available for appointments in the Madison, IN office on Wednesdays.
Dr. James Hurt's Curriculum Vitae
- Anderson University, 1980
- Indiana University, B.S., 1982
- Indiana University, O.D., 1984
- American Optometric Association
- Kentucky Optometric Association
- Greater Louisville Optometric Society
- CPF-550 vs. C-lite: A Comparative Study Journal of the AOA, August 1988
- When Chalazion Causes Irregular Astigmatism Review of Optometry, August 1996
- Allergan 192 371-007 2000 - present
- Allergan 195263-004 2003-2004
- Insite Vision C-01-403-003 2004-2006
- Siron ST-603-007 2007-2008
- Allergan 191575-005 2007-2008
- Sirion ST-601-004 2007-2008