Doctors Julie Hogan
Dr. Julie Hogan is a native of Kankakee, Illinois. She received her Bachelors of Science degree in Biology from the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana. After graduation, she attended optometry school at Southern College of Optometry in Memphis, Tennessee. While there, Dr. Hogan was involved in extensive dry eye research, the results of which are published in several articles. She received the Biocompatibles Eyecare Innovative Research Award for this work in 2001. She also received awards for excellence in clinical skills in 2000, 2001 and 2002. She was also awarded for her skills in contact lens patient care. She graduated in May of 2002 and went on to complete a residency program with emphasis in ocular disease the following year. She relocated to Louisville in 2003 and has been practicing at the Taustine Eye Center since November of that year.
Dr. Julie Hogan is available for comprehensive eye examinations including diagnosis and treatment of eye disease and contact lenses fittings. She uses the latest technologically advanced materials when selecting a contact lens custom suited for her patients needs. She fits a wide variety of lenses including soft, rigid gas permeable, astigmatic and bifocal lenses. She also provides pre and post-operative care for Dr. Taustine.
Academic Honors and Awards
- 2nd Year Clinician Skills Award.
- Recipient of the 2000 Vistakon Student Travel Fellowship.
- Recipient of the 2001 Biocompatibles Eyecare Innovative Research Award.
- Invitation for membership in Beta Sigma Kappa Honor Society – 1999, 2000, 2001.
- Dean’s list 8 quarters.
- Recipient of the 2002 Heart of America Contact Lens Society Student Scholarship Grant.
- Recipient of An Outstanding Fourth Year Clinician Award; Awarded to the top ten clinicians.
- Recipient of the 2002 Vistakon/American Optometric Foundation Award for excellence in contact lens patient care.
- Member of the American Optometric Student Association 1998-2002
- Student Member of the American Academy of Optometry 2000-2002
- Assistant to the American Optometric Student Association Trustee- April 1999 –May 2001
Note: Dr. Hogan is available on Thursdays at the Louisville office only.